A few cosy days at home

Our kids went back to school today after having four days off.  They had the weekend, Monday which was a home study day and then Melbourne Cup Day holiday yesterday.  We always get together at Mum and Dad's for lunch on Cup Day however as our son was working we changed it to Monday and got together then instead.  Mum and Dad's Roast Lamb and Veggies on the BBQ is the best.  This was followed by Mum's warming bread and butter pudding and then our Cookies and Cream Slice to have with coffee later.  We love getting together as a family.

That left yesterday free so after a very wet and cold early morning walk with Samson I stayed home.  Our daughter decided to have a cosy pyjama day which suited me perfectly as I had something special planned.

I surprised her with a fun little treat for the two of us to make together.  I'm sure most of us remember these Tic Toc Tea Cups.  We also added chocolate freckles to the top for extra colour.

Tic Toc Tea Cups.


Once we gathered the ingredients someone needed to test the freckles and marshmallows just to make sure they were edible.  Bit hard to resist when it is all sitting in front of you with the sweetness wafting into your nose and the bright colours.  They're just begging you to try.



It was fun making them together and chatting.  I have made these once before for the kids however our daughter couldn't remember them so it was even more exciting for her.  Once we had put the first tea cup together she looked so happy with how effective it looked.




We used up all of the musk lollies and biscuits however had quite a few marshmallows and freckles leftover.  I mixed them together in a bowl where they sat on the kitchen table with the little tea cups on a platter at the other end of the table.  Every time I walked past it made me smile as the table looked so colourful and sweet.






A fun little activity and snack idea to have on Cup Day.

An easy but warm and delicious lunch of spaghetti on hot buttered toast followed.  Just the smell of toast cooking on a cold day warms me up.

Dinner was a delicious Coconut Chicken Curry served over rice.  I had mine with cauliflower rice and it was so, so good.  I also made these Pita Bread Wraps which we perfect for mopping up the curry.  As I was rolling the dough I realised that I'd forgotten to add the yeast.  No turning back so I kept going.  As this was the first time making them I'm not sure exactly how they should look but they seemed fine to me.  Next time I'll remember the yeast.

Pita Bread.

A delicious warm curry to end a cold and wet day was perfect.  We really like cosy days like these at home especially with good food.





 

8 comments

  1. Those biscuits look so much fun Kylie. What biscuits are they? Cheers Lyndie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They’re the Arnott’s Tic Toc biscuits. Lots of fun.

      Delete
  2. Those little tea cups made me smile. I had forgotten about Tic Toc biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always had to read the time before eating them. We would always ask each other what time it was.

      Delete
  3. I love the photo with your teacup, Kylie. I didn't realize they were so tiny. They are really sweet and special. I bet your daughter loved making those with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylie, those little tea cups look amazing. What a great idea for a child's party. They could make their own teacup as an activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a fantastic idea. They would love it.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top