Tuna Casserole

I only made my first Tuna Casserole last year.  After searching the internet I found a great recipe on the Kidspot site and have been using it ever since.  I tend to make it more often over the school holidays as it works well for our son's lunch the next day.

Such a quick, easy dish to prepare and it makes quite a large amount too.  

Tuna Casserole




Ingredients
2 cups dried macaroni pasta, cooked
1 tin cream of asparagus soup
1 tin evaporated milk (I made my own - link to recipe below.  You will need powdered milk)
1 (425g) can tuna, strained
½ red capsicum, diced 
2 cups freshly grated cheese
1 cup frozen corn
1 onion, diced
1 cup breadcrumbs

Preheat oven to 180°C.

If making your own evaporated milk you can find the recipe and instructions on Rhonda's blog Down to Earth.  Having the powdered milk on hand means you will always be able to quickly whip up either evaporated or condensed milk for a recipe.


Homemade evaporated milk.


Combine the asparagus soup and evaporated milk in a bowl.

Add strained tuna, macaroni pasta, capsicum, corn, onion and half of the cheese.  Mix everything well. 

Spoon into a lasagne dish and then top with the breadcrumbs and remaining grated cheese.

Fits into a lasagne dish perfectly.  Ready for the oven.


Bake for 30 minutes and then enjoy.



No comments

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top