My 100th Post

Celebrating my 100th post with a little look back at my journey into the world of blogging and a glimpse into moving forward.  

I had been thinking about starting up a blog for many years however was uncertain on how to go about everything therefore would put it at the back of my mind.  Only problem was it kept nudging me and I knew that there was something brewing inside and it was just a matter of time.



After following other blogs and connecting with people I was given the encouragement, guidance and support to take the plunge.  Well it didn't take long to know that I was going to thoroughly enjoy this journey.

It all started with my very first post.  That post was retyped, changed, read and read again before I finally had the courage to press that 'Publish' button.  Which brings me to one of the many benefits I've experienced from blogging.  That is stepping out of my comfort zone.  I know that by doing this we grow and develop confidence however like everything it is that first step.  I've taken that first step countless times since blogging and all in a short timeframe.  Some of those achievements have been:
  • starting up a blog
  • switching from private to public - took me a while
  • publishing that very first post
  • typing a little about myself
  • writing 
  • technical skills

More on the technical side of things.  Not only have I stepped out of my comfort zone in this area I have also picked up so many more skills.  Dowloading, converting files, organising electronic folders, adjusting photos, unzipping files, updating my blog with a new template and even a little bit of coding.  If someone had said I would do a little coding and perhaps even enjoy it just a tad I would have found that hard to believe.  I am not the most technical minded person around however blogging has given me more confidence in that area. 

Interacting with readers has been a highlight for me.  Sharing the every day things.  The simple things.  Just how it is, no frills.  I love having readers comment and interacting with them and if I can make their day that's even better.


My bike ride this morning.

Blogging has connected me with like minded people.  I start each day reading all of the blogs I enjoy and that list is growing.  It is an absolute highlight for me.  I really look forward to it and not only do I find joy and learn from them all but I also find them so motivating.  Thank you everyone and keep sharing.

Looking ahead I have just so many topics and ideas I really want to get stuck into and write about and really look forward to those.  I will also continue doing updating old posts, links and basic housekeeping.

This is only the beginning and I am so, so motivated and excited.  Very glad I took that plunge into the blogging world.

If anyone has been considering starting up a blog I encourage you to give it a go.  It's one amazing journey.








7 comments

  1. Congratulations Kylie !!! Your enthusiasm for cooking, gardening and everything about home is evident from your posts. I love reading your blog. Here's to the next 100 posts and many more !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kylie, Congratulations on your 100th post. That photo that you took on your bike ride is gorgeous! What a view...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the blog so far and for sharing things with your readers. You are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love popping in here and reading your blog, Kylie. I hope you'll write many more posts! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Kylie! You are a prolific writer. I love reading about 'the everyday', and your blog has influenced me to write more about the everyday. I'm doing full time work for the next 6 months however, so this might have to stay on the future plans list at this point!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 100th post! That is something to feel accomplished about. I love reading about people's everyday lives more than anything. Have a great weekend! --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulation Kylie! 100 posts already. Well done and aren't you glad you persevered.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top