Muesli Biscuits

On Monday our kids returned to school after their mid year break.  Perfect opportunity for our daughter to do some baking.  Without my assistance she made these lovely Muesli Cookies.  I found the recipe link and idea from JulieLou's blog

As she began reading the recipe and prepping I asked her to pretend that I'm not here and reminded her that she can work through it all on her own.  A few times she asked for some clarification however I just encouraged her to read the recipe and trust in herself.  Well that she did and she is so happy with her cookies.

We had all of the ingredients except for the dried apricots so she added a few extra sultanas.

Muesli Biscuits



Ingredients
160g butter, chopped
3 tablespoons golden syrup
1 cup flour, sifted
1 cup rolled oats
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup sultanas
½ cup dried apricots, chopped
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons boiling water

Preheat oven to 170°C (fan forced). 

Line two baking trays with baking paper.

Add the butter and golden syrup to a small saucepan and melt over a gentle heat.  Once melted remove from heat.

Combine the flour, oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, brown sugar, coconut, sultanas and apricots in a large bowl.

Dissolve the baking soda in the boiling water and then add to the butter mixture and stir well.

Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid.  Mix well.

Place tablespoons of mixture onto prepared baking tray, flatten slightly and then bake for 15 minutes or until golden.


Cool on wire rack.  Our daughter cools her biscuits and cookies on the actual baking tray to keep them a little moist.

 I'm so proud of her yet again.

6 comments

  1. Good for her! I bet she was proud of herself. They look and sound delicious. Thanks for the recipe. It's much healthier than most of the desserts that I bake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really have a great taste. I hope you get around to baking some for yourself too.

      Delete
  2. They look very yummy! Your daughter is learning some great skills! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly is Meg and the best part she thoroughly enjoys it all. Cooking especially baking is also relaxing for her.

      Delete
  3. Mine are in the oven as we speak Kylie, though to be honest I could just eat the mixture raw it is so delicious! I happened to have all of those ingredients in the pantry. It's nice to warm the kitchen up on this cold morning by putting the oven on. That's next week's sweet treats sorted - if they last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having the oven on when it's cold outside too. Did just that yesterday baking scrumptious lemon squares. Enjoy those cookies.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top