Menu Plan 9th July - 15th July

This week has included a lot of freezer meals which I had put away.  Our kids spent the first half of the week at Nan and Pop's so I utilised the freezer.

We were all home Sunday night and I had a big batch of bolognese sauce in the freezer which I had defrosted overnight.  All I needed to do was boil the pasta and heat up the sauce.  They love their Spaghetti Bolognese.

As the kids were heading to Mum and Dad's from Monday to Thursday I wanted to send something with them.  On Sunday my daughter and I made this scrumptious Apple Slice which was a big winner.


Monday morning I made Vegemite Scrolls which the kid's also took to Nan and Pop's.  Dinner was Lamb Shank and Veggie Soup which I had in the freezer from a previous batch.  There was enough left to cover Tuesday night as well.

Half with cheese and half without to cater for everyone.

Wednesday night another freezer meal of Scotch Broth.  

The kids came home on Thursday and there was enough Scotch Broth left for one person plus I also took out Chunky Beef and Vegetable Soup  from the freezer. 

Friday homemade pizza which my daughter and I made together.  We had a good little production line going.

Saturday was a bit of this and a bit of that for lunch.  Leftover pizza, sandwiches, honey on toast and they all chose to have fish and chips for dinner.  The big winner though was our Date Slice.  


We have really utilised everything this week and I'm happy to say that all leftovers have been eaten.  If it ever looks like leftovers may not be eaten I freeze straight away and always have a label indicating how many serves.  Food is not wasted this way and when we have a little freezer meal stockpile happening I can menu plan knowing how much of each dish we have.  Eating from the freezer makes for an interesting week too as some nights everyone could be eating something different.



  





12 comments

  1. Those scrolls look yummy, Kylie. I have steered clear of bread making for a long time because I usually produce "bricks" and not "loaves" but today I decided to try a simple focaccia and it worked really well. We had it warm from the oven with a simple ham and salad for lunch. I love the changes you've made to your blog. Looks great! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your focaccia sounds yummy. I remember making one in the slow cooker years ago. I'll have to dig that one out.

      Delete
  2. I had a night here like that recently, 5 different "meals" made from scraps, leftovers and the freezer! I hate food waste too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're usually the best nights too. Our kids love 'banquet nights.'

      Delete
  3. Wow, Kylie, you have been busy! Your baked goods and meals look delicious. It's great that you are so organized, and that you don't waste any food. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind being busy in my organised way. The other option of disorganised busy makes me feel a little overwhelmed.
      I call it my 'happy busy.'
      Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like a tasty week! I looked up your apple and your date slices and have added them to my recipe collections, they sound amazingly delicious xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy as much as everyone here does Cheryl.

      Delete
  5. These sound delicious, I occasionally food prep and when I run out of freezer stock I think, I should do that again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing with me is that I'm then looking for something to cook as I enjoy it that much. That's usually when some good old baking happens.

      Delete
  6. Wow, they all look really delicious. And I like the new look of your blog as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy with the layout and thank you.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top