Menu Plan 16th July - 22nd July

Once again I'm enjoying 'The Country' table cookbook however have also borrowed Julie Goodwin's Essential Cookbook from the library.

Sunday night I changed things up a little.  Instead of Spaghetti Bolognese we had Barbequed Lamb Chops with Mustard and Thyme Marinade from 'The Country Table' cookbook.  I marinated them in the morning and then grilled them later.  Very, very tasty.

Our daughter also made these Muesli Biscuits ready for back to school.

 Muesli Biscuits


Out came Julie Goodwin's cookbook on Monday.  I made a Lamb Chop Tray Bake which everyone enjoyed however it did take a little too long to cook.  Total cooking time according to the recipe is one hour however I found it needed just under two hours.  Dinner was a little late in the end however everyone enjoyed.

 Lamb Chop Tray Bake

 As this was quite a large recipe I was able to freeze half ready for another day.

Ham and cheese toasted sandwiches with chips on the side covered Tuesday night's dinner.  I had also put a few leftover chops from Sunday's dinner away which the kids happily finished off.

With my husband away for the next two nights I was able to stretch Wednesday night's dinner over two days.  Dinner on Wednesday was this tasty Curried Beef Rice from Julie Goodwin's cookbook.  The kids were happy.

Curried Beef Rice topped with toasted almonds and coriander

Good old leftovers on toast Thursday night.  It was such a cold and wet day too which made it even better.  We had a late Orthodontic appointment and were quite chilly when we arrived home.  Didn't take long before we could smell the toast and then the lovely curry aroma wafting through the house.  We were all warm and cosy in no time at all.

During the day Thursday I also made a Roasted Pumpkin and Carrot soup.  Once I had roasted the pumpkin and carrot I then blitzed it with the stand mixer adding seasoning and water as I blitzed.  Sometimes I add homemade stock if I have some handy.  The roasting gives it a lot of flavour.  Just heat, serve and you have a warm and tasty soup for these cold days. 

Roasted Pumpkin and Carrot Soup

I found a similar recipe years ago for Roasted Pumpkin Soup and have used this method ever since. 

Another after school appointment Friday however homemade pizza is fairly quick and easy.  During the day I also made these Tangy Lemon Squares which I sliced the following morning.


Tangy Lemon Squares

I had a lovely lunch on Saturday.  Mum, a friend and I went out to one of my favourite cafes.  I had Chicken Coconut Curry with Cauliflower Rice and it was delicious.  Thoroughly enjoyed getting out for our little get together.

Mum enjoyed Buttermilk Pancakes.

Dinner was a mix of this and that.  I enjoyed a hot mug of Roasted Pumpkin and Carrot Soup.  Curled up on the couch with my hands wrapped around a hot mug of soup watching a great movie Hidden Figures.  

Having our menu plan really helped once again especially with a few after school appointments.

A couple of the kids all time favourites are planned for next week.


 






6 comments

  1. Lots of delicious food on your menu plan, Kylie! I menu plan one week at a time and find that it really helps me be organised both in the kitchen and when I'm grocery shopping with the list from my meal plan. Really cuts waste too. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Meg. We have changed a number of things to reduce waste and menu planning certainly plays a big part. Well done.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've had some lovely, tasty food. It all looked very delicious xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You and your family are eating so well. Everything looks and sounds delicious. Good food really ups the quality of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodmorning Kylie,
    I agree, it is wonderful knowing what you are cooking and eating for the week ahead, a bit of time spent writting a list saves you time, money and stress thinking about what to cook that night.
    Have a lovely day. Fi

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tangy lemon slice looks delicious - such a shame I'm meant to be cutting out/down on the amount of sugar I partake of - never should have had that blood test :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top