A Wonderful Surprise

Over the past month I've been thoroughly enjoying one of my many library books.  This one especially has been my favourite and one I've used over and over again.  Yes, it's the 'The Country Table by the Australian Women's Weekly.

I have made and am still making just so many recipes from this little treasure of a book and shared them on my blog with you.  

Golden Dumplings one of many old time favourites.



There are just so many recipes which suit our family, remind me of Mum's cooking and bring us back to cooking from scratch.  The way it used to be.  I've been able to share all of this with everyone here.  Apart from enjoying these dishes my daughter especially has picked up even more cooking skills and asked many questions as we go.  I have also enjoyed reminiscing with her about how we used to have these dishes and it would bring back such warm memories.

As I'm still using this book I've renewed it from the library a few times and almost feel like it's mine.  It will be hard to give back.

This pie was so tasty.


Well until now.  Last week a courier knocked on our door with a delivery for me.  I signed for it looking a little confused as I hadn't ordered anything.  It was from an online book shop which confused me even more.  The kids and I eagerly opened it and here was my very own copy of 'The Country Table.' 

Inside was a small note from a very special friend of mine who reads my blog.  As you could imagine I was just so touched and even now have another tear in my eye typing this.  So, so thoughtful and I am extremely grateful.  Thank you once again lovely lady.  

'The Country Table' is not just my favourite recipe book but also a very special one.  I am so happy and love it.





11 comments

  1. What a wonderful and a thoughtful gift from your friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of her every time I see the book on the coffee table. She is certainly very thoughtful and special.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely surprise, now give the library it's book back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny. You'll be happy to know that I returned it this morning. Hopefully someone else will find it and enjoy just as much.

      Delete
  3. Just priceless, that story has warmed the cockles of my heart. What a beautiful soul to do that for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's things such as this which really mean the most. She really is a beautiful person Cheryl, very thoughtful.

      Delete
  4. That is so lovely, what a lucky girl you are :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so fortunate to have such a special friend.

      Delete
  5. That's a lovely gift and a very lovely friend! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly is Meg. This book is so much more special now and I know that I will think of her every time I use it too.

      Delete
  6. Golden syrup dumplings!! My current fave. Great minds hey?

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top