Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins

Last weekend I made a Beef Stroganoff and had a little bit of sour cream left in the tub.  I'm determined to use every bit of food so started to think of ways to use this leftover.  I was looking for something a little different when I found these lovely little muffins. This recipes calls for 2 cups of sour cream and I was a little short so I topped it up with Greek Yoghurt.

Muffins are so easy to whip up and I often do them whilst preparing dinner.  We had a big day out on Sunday however whilst getting dinner I managed to get these muffins into the oven.  The kids had no idea where they had come from and were surprised when I said I made them while getting dinner.  They had one fresh from the oven - the best way.


Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins.

Ingredients
2 cups self raising flour, sifted
½ cup caster sugar
2 eggs, whisked
1/3 cup oil
1 cup sour cream
1½ cups frozen blueberries (keep in the freezer until needed)

Preheat oven to 180°C.  Grease or line a 12 cup muffin tray.

Combine flour, sugar, eggs, oil and sour cream in a bowl and mix.  Be careful not to overmix.  I stopped as soon as it was just combined.

Gently fold through the frozen blueberries once again being careful not to mix too much.

Spoon into the muffin tray.  The mix is quite thick.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.

Enjoy.




No comments

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top