Baked Potato Wedges and Leftover Egg Whites

Yesterday I made a lovely Lemon Crumble Slice which used two egg yolks.  I then stared at the egg whites all day trying to think of a way to use them.  Dinner time was approaching and we were having a Steak and Liver Pie.  I was then thinking a side dish to go with the pie incorporating the egg whites.  

After a quick scan of the pantry I noticed some potatoes which really needed to be used before it was too late.  We had a side dish in the making.

Baked Potato Wedges



Ingredients
10 potatoes (I used up our remainder of potatoes)
2 egg whites (if using less potato you may just need the one egg white)
Spice/s of your choice (I used chilli powder)
Cracked black pepper
Celtic salt

Preheat oven to 200°C.

Line a tray with baking paper.

Wash and pat dry potatoes.  Cut potatoes into wedges and place into a bowl.

Mix the egg white, spice/s, pepper and celtic salt with a fork.  Pour over the potatoes and mix with your hands.  I find it easier to use my hands to really make sure the potato is thoroughly covered.

Spread in single layer on baking tray and cook for 20 minutes turning halfway through.

Serve immediately.

I was so happy.  The egg whites and potatoes were both used, I found a good way of making wedges, a side dish using only leftovers and everyone loved them.   Wins all round I think.


 

1 comment

  1. That's a fantastic way to use up eggwhites, Kylie. Whenever I have leftover eggwhites, I usually use them in an omelette for brekkie the next morning. I use one or two whole eggs and then whisk in the leftover egg whites. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top