Sausage Casserole - One Pot

I remember finding this All-In Sausage Casserole recipe quite a while ago and keeping it as it was easy, full of veggies, only uses the one pot, packed with flavour and the family love it.  Over time I have changed it quite a bit and am really happy with the result.

When planning our menu last week I wanted to use a few 'favourite' recipes which we hadn't had for a while.  It must have been a little too long for this one because they had trouble remembering it.  I love it when I see their eyes open wide when they taste something they enjoy.  The comments were things like:  'these are the best sausages,' 'I love this one Mum,' 'this is so good.'


One of their favourite dishes.


Here is my version of this recipe.

Ingredients
500g chicken chive sausages - I used chicken and bacon this time
1 clove garlic, diced
2 onions, sliced
2 cups fresh or frozen veggies, chopped
4 potatoes, cubed
3 carrots, sliced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons barbeque sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon mixed herbs
250mls water

Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and cook onions until just starting to brown.  Move to the size of the pan.

Add sausages and cook until ready.  Remove and chop into three pieces each.  Return the sausages to the pan.

Add all of the veggies and cook until the veggies just begin to soften.  About 5-10 minutes depending on the veggies and size.

Mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl and then add to the pan.  Give it a good stir.

Cook on medium setting,  stirring regularly.  I let it slightly catch on the bottom of the pan and then mix it through.  It gives it a richer colour and greater taste.  Continue cooking until the veggies are cooked.

So colourful, tasty and full of veggies.

We've had this served with rice, pasta or buttered toast.  It is a meal in itself, super tasty and lovely on a cold night.

No comments

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top