Microwave Potato Chips

Sunday night I was making spaghetti bolognese for dinner however had a few hungry kids on the search for a snack.  I needed something quick and that's when I found this little idea. 

Must admit I was a little skeptical however gave it a shot.  They were a hit so I will be making these again.

We used a few different flavours which were:  salt, curry powder, sweet paprika and left one lot plain.  They liked all of them.

It is such a quick, simple snack.

From left to right:  salt, curry powder, plain and sweet paprika.


Ingredients
2 potatoes
Your choice of flavour (I used salt, curry powder, sweet paprika)

Line a large microwavable plate with paper towel.

Slice the potatoes very thinly placing into a bowl of water as you go.  Once sliced strain into a sieve and run under cold water until the water runs clear.

Pat dry each slice and place onto prepared plate in a single layer.

First lot ready to go - these are plain.
 
Sprinkle your choice of flavour over the slices and then microwave on high for 3 minutes.  Remove from the microwave and turn each slice over.  Microwave for another 2-3 minutes on medium power.  Once they started to brown I removed them.


2 comments

  1. What a great recipe. I'm going to try this soon. I normally bake them because it uses very little oil. This is much better. Thanks Kylie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!!!! I cannot wait to try this. I might even do it for my own lunch tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top