Menu Plan - 21st May to 27th May

I was thinking the best way to begin would be with a Boiled Chocolate Cake recipe.  I use the Bellini however the recipe also has the instructions for the stove top.  As the chocolate mixture boils it has the most amazing smell.  It is just like a chocolate pudding smell.  I had a few leftover chocolate chips in the pantry which I threw on top for a little decoration.


I find loaf shapes easier to slice.
 
Photo a little dark however you can see the richness.




Sunday morning I made up two large pasta bakes.  As we were going out late afternoon I wanted to have dinner ready so we could just reheat it.  The other pasta bake went into the freezer.  That morning I also made Nigella Lawson's Madeira Cake for Dad again - his favourite.

Monday evening was Slowcooker Coconut Curry Sausages which I served with rice.  Coconut and curry make a great combination.  Super easy dish, warms you up, smells great and is tasty.

The kids love their curry and sausages too of course.

Tuesday nights here are usually leftovers from Monday night and the weekend.  Chips are usually in the oven too accompanied by tomato sauce.

Soup night was next with a hearty Split Pea Soup.  As we had leftover in the fridge it was perfect for anyone to just zap in the microwave when peckish.  The kids came home from school on the Thursday and enjoyed a warm bowl of soup with bread.  That kept them going until dinner.

I also made an oven baked Rice Pudding from my new library book 'The Country Table by The Australian Women's Weekly.'  The kids were not that keen.  It was the whole rice as a dessert thought which they had trouble with.  My husband on the otherhand loved it.  I mixed up milk using milk powder for this recipe as I was running low on milk.  Something to keep in mind next time I'm baking as I will use the powdered milk.

As we had an after school appointment Thursday I pulled out leftover Lentil Bolognese from the freezer.

Another keeper.

Homemade pizza is a must here on a Friday night.  As our daughter doesn't like cheese it is always a little tricky with the topping.  I usually whisk two eggs and spread that over the pizza to hold the ingredients together.

Chocolate Sultana Slice was made and well received and I also managed to squeeze in these Vanilla Cupcakes during the week.

A great cupcake recipe.

On Saturday I pulled out my pie maker which I should actually do more often.  I made Chicken and Corn Pies.  I doubled the recipe and ended up with ten individual pies.  They've been great to have in the fridge over the weekend.  I have left the pie machine out on the bench so they can just pop a pie in when hungry and have a hot, crispy pie in less than 10 minutes.  

Chicken and Corn Pies for lunch over the weekend.

Menu plan is all ready for next week.  I have found a few dinners from The Country Table and as always there will be sweets.  I'll be cooking from this wonderful cookbook over the coming weeks.  I really think I'll end up buying this one.  Fantastic recipes and so many favourites.

Also looking forward to writing about our clever chickens and an update on their new run.  It is looking superb thanks to my husband who has been working very hard all weekend.  We will then need to give their new run a name.




4 comments

  1. Lots of lovely food, Kylie. Making me hungry looking at all that deliciousness! I haven't made a lentil bolognese before but think it would be something yummy to try. thanks for the recipe links, I'll make good use of them! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only found the Lentil Bolognese as I was 'cooking from the pantry' and had lentils to use. So glad I found it, something different. Enjoy the recipes Meg.

      Delete
  2. Goodness me, Kylie....your meals sound great. A lot more exciting than ours are these days. I told my hubby and son tonight that they could have boiled eggs. After nearly 40 years I think I deserve Sunday night off from cooking a meal. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saturday night is my night off. There is usually some leftover pizza from Friday or sometimes I have batches of sausage rolls for the weekend or like last Saturday homemade pies. They can heat anything up and sometimes they pick up fish and chips.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top