Cross Stitch Update

My cross stitch is moving along little by little.  I really look forward to the evenings when I can sit on the couch with my cross stitch and the whole family is home.  Apart from early mornings the evenings are one of the best parts of my day.

A few weeks ago I wrote about my cross stitch journey so far.  Since then I have been working on my current project most nights and although it is very challenging it is also really enjoyable.  It is coming along slowly but surely.

This project really is making me think.



The pattern for this project is printed on both sides of the paper.  The first side shows all of the cross stitches and half stitches which I'm currently working on.  I'll sort out the french knots later on when I get to that stage.  I am also colouring in as I go to make it easier.

Highlighter not such a good idea as it shows through to the other side.

The half stitches really had me guessing for quite a while.  A half stitch is shown by a diagonal line through the square.  I was confused with this as not only does it have the line representing a half stitch but it also has two different colour symbols.  Some others also had the diagonal line however in the other direction.

This may explain it better.
 
They basically end up being full crosses.  Each colour will go from a corner into the middle which together forms half a cross and the other half of the cross will be in the one colour going in the direction of the diagonal line.  It is up to me to decide which colour to use by looking at the picture.  Oh that probably sounds really confusing.  

I had a coffee with a wonderful friend this morning so I took my cross stitch along with me.  She very patiently explained everything to me so I can now continue on.  I really love catching up and today we sat at a cosy little cafe chatting and then had this cross stitch pattern spread out on the table.  A great start to the morning. 

Looking forward to sitting down this evening in front of Masterchef, family around and cross stitching.  

Dinner is currently bubbling away on the stove and it smells wonderful.  A lovely split pea and ham soup which will be served with crusty bread.  The smell reminds me of growing up when Mum made this soup.

Picked up another recipe book from the library today 'The Australian Women's Weekly The Country Table' and am making the rice pudding for tonight's dessert.  

I've seen so many good recipes in here already.

Better get onto this rice pudding as it takes a while to bake.  This will be the first time the kids have had rice pudding.  I'm sure they'll love it.

7 comments

  1. Kylie we are having pea and ham soup tomorrow. I love it. I used to do cross stitch but my eyes aren't as good as they were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and how good is the soup the next day and beautifully thick too.
      As I cross stitch at night I have an old desk lamp on the table which makes it easier to see and also my glasses.

      Delete
  2. Your cross stitch is coming along nicely.
    I also resumed mine after several months.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear you've picked it up again. Enjoy.

      Delete
  3. I haven't stitched for years, your's will be amazing when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite cookbook! Soup for dinner sounds cosy and warm.

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see myself buying this cookbook Jade.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top