Coconut Milk Bread

Here is my final bread recipe until I discover more.  I have them all sliced, frozen and up to date.  Coconut Milk Bread recipe was first discovered at The Spunky Coconut.

 
Coconut gives so much flavour.




Before I move onto the recipe just a little tip.  If you open a tin of coconut milk and have leftovers measure 1/4 cup lots, pour into muffin tin and freeze.  Once frozen pop into snaplock bags.  When needed I take out the required amount and defrost in the microwave.


Coconut milk in 1/4 cup lots ready for snaplock bags.


Ingredients

Wet Ingredients
1 1/4 cups coconut milk, room temperature
4 eggs whisked, room temperature
1/4 cup coconut oil, measured after melting
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

Dry Ingredients
240g almond flour
70g coconut flour
1 teaspoon celtic salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 160 degrees (I use fan forced).  Line a glass loaf pan.  

Add all of the dry ingredients into a small bowl and whisk.

Add all of the wet ingredients to a medium bowl and mix until light and frothy using an electric mixer.  I find this step gives the bread a lighter, airier texture.


Light and airy mixture.

Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet whilst mixing with the electric mixer.  Start on a low setting until the ingredients are combined and then increase speed.  The mix will dry very quickly, that's fine.

Using a silicone spatula scoop half the mixture into loaf pan.  Press down firmly, especially into the corners.  Scoop the remainder mixture in, press down and smooth the top as much as you can.


Ready for the oven.

Bake for 50 minutes, cover with foil and continue to cook for another 20 minutes.

Once cooked, remove from the oven and let cool in the pan 5 minutes.  Turn onto wire rack for cooling.  This bread is so soft and delicate, melts in your mouth.




1 comment

  1. That's a great tip for freezing coconut milk, Kylie. I'll be doing that in the future! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top