Coconut Curry Sausages - Slowcooker

This recipe comes from the Stay at Home Mum site and is just so easy.  One of those ones where you throw everything into the slow cooker at once, turn it on and that's it.  No need to precook or fry anything beforehand and it is delicious.  

I put it on at lunchtime and it was ready right on time for dinner.  The kids could smell it even before they opened the door after school.  Another one of their favourites.

After 6 hours in the slow cooker.

As I couldn't find coconut curry powder I used a meat curry powder and it works wonders.

I use this curry powder instead of the coconut curry powder.

Ingredients
1 onion, chopped
1 can of coconut cream
2 tablespoons coconut curry powder or similar
1 garlic clove, crushed
500g chopped veggies - I use whatever we have in the fridge
500g pork sausages - Aldi's pork and fennel sausages work well

Slice the sausages into three pieces and place into the slow cooker.  Add the onion, garlic and veggies into the slow cooker with the sausages.

Mix the curry powder and coconut cream together in a bowl and then pour over the sausages and veggies.  Give it a really good stir.

Cook on low for 6 hours.

I then put the rice cooker on half an hour before serving.  

A warming bowl of deliciousness.


No comments

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top