Chocolate Sultana Slice

Here is a great slice I can remember from many years ago which I'm now sharing with our kids and it gets the big thumbs up.  Yep, they gave it a 10/10.  They're great little taste testers and really do give good feedback.  I've always had them taste everything and I'm fortunate that they do give things a go.

Having them try so many different recipes and dishes and asking them to try and guess the ingredients really has made them aware of different tastes and textures.  They're really good at it now and I value their opinions.



This slice brings back memories.


Spark Recipes website found this recipe on the back of the Sunbeam Sultana packet and I'm so glad they did as I was looking everywhere.

I added the coconut myself and also used an 18x18cm square tin as I like it to be a little thicker.

Ingredients
1 cup sultanas
100g butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed lightly
2 eggs, room temperature
1 cup plain flour, sifted
2 tablespoons cocoa, sifting

Icing
1/4 cup cocoa, sifted
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons boiled water

2 tablespoons of coconut for decoration if desired.


Preheat oven to 180°.  Grease and line either a lamington tin or square slice tin.

Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Add the flour, cocoa and sultanas and mix with a wooden spoon.  Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked when tested.

Remove from oven and let cool in tin for 10 minutes.  Carefully remove from tin and place onto wire rack to cool.

Once the slice is cool it's time to make the icing.  Mix the cocoa, icing sugar, butter and water together until the butter has melted and everything is fully combined.  Spread the icing evenly over the slice and sprinkle with coconut (if using).  Once the icing has set a little cut into pieces and enjoy.

3 comments

  1. You have been busy making delicious dishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to bake this today :-)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them too Cath.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top