Chicken and Rice Oven Baked

Another new recipe I tried last week was a great one pot oven dish which was very well received by everyone.

The original recipe is from the Recipe Tin Eats site.

Once again I have saved this one to keep as one the favourites to be made again and again.

The kids really loved the flavours through the rice too.

Ingredients
5 chicken thigh fillets, bone in and skin on (I remove the skin myself)
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups basmati rice
1 1/2 cups chicken stock (homemade)
1 1/4 cups hot tap water

Chicken Rub Ingredients
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon celtic salte
Black pepper

Preheat oven to 180℃.

Scatter the onion and garlic into a large rectangle baking dish and place butter on top.  Bake for 12 minutes


Using my new pyrex dish.

Whilst the onion and garlic is cooking combine the chicken rub ingredients and rub all over the chicken fillets.  Cover both sides of the chicken.

Both sides of the fillets have been coated.

Remove the onion and garlic from the oven, add the rice and give it a good stir making sure to coat the rice well.  Place the chicken pieces on top of the rice.  Pour the chicken stock and water around the chicken.

Ready to go back into the oven.


Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.  Remove the foil and bake a further 15 minutes.  Once ready let sit for 5 minutes.

Remove the chicken, fluff up the rice and serve.

The fillets are just so tender and tasty and all the flavours have mixed beautifully with the rice.  A great one pot oven dish.

A great little dish full of flavour.


















2 comments

  1. I make a dish similar to this, Kylie, but with lemon. Think I will try this delicious-sounding spice rub next time. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top