Zucchini and Carrot Bread

I've been making this bread for quite a while now and have changed a few things over time.  The original recipe is from Empowered Sustenance.

Once again we have this sliced and frozen and can easily pop a slice out when needed.  I usually put it directly into the toaster from frozen to either have it warm and still soft or warm and toasted spread with ghee.  When I make bacon and eggs for breakfast I always have this bread buttered as a side.

This is my slightly adapted version.



Ingredients:
3/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp fresh thyme (I also use dried if fresh not available)
1 tsp baking soda, sifted
6 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup melted ghee or coconut oil
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup grated carrot

Preheat oven to 160 degrees (I use fan forced).

Line a glass loaf pan with baking paper. 

In a large bowl mix the coconut flour, salt, thyme and baking soda.

Whisk together the eggs, ghee or coconut oil and apple cider vinegar.  I actually mix these in the Vitamix to create more air and lightness and then pour into a bowl.  Add the zucchini and mix thoroughly.

Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry and mix well to combine.

Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes.  Cover with foil if needed and cook for a further 10 minutes.

Cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack for cooling.

This also freezes well sliced.

3 comments

  1. Thanks for that recipe, Kylie. After all the rain my zucchini plant decided to actually produce some zucchinis so I should try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I love having these kinds of breads on hand in the freezer especially for breakfast or to have with soups. I think they are a great alternative to wheat breads. I have baked a little bit with coconut flour before with mixed results. Must give this a try. Thanks for recipe. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the first time I baked with coconut flour and was amazed at how much it soaked everything up. I believe by mixing your wet ingredients really well before adding the coconut really helps here. Once you add the coconut the consistency changes very fast.
      I also have one with coconut butter. I could eat the coconut butter straight out of the jar it is so, so good.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top