Train Smash Mornay

Every now and then you come across a recipe which becomes a family favourite.  This is definitely one of those in this home now.  The recipe comes from Becci's Domestic Bliss once again and is called Train Smash Mornay

I had a good feeling about this one therefore doubled everything and am so glad I did.  Eyes lit up when I served it on hot buttered toast and it was given a 10/10 by everyone.  

A highly recommended recipe.


A definite keeper.


It's so versatile and a great way to add a lot of different veggies.  I added so many different types of veggies from the fridge.  In this batch I had onion, ginger, sweet potato, cauliflower, broccoli, eggplant and carrot.  I also popped them into the food processor and gave them a quick whiz making sure they didn't turn to mush instead of grating everything.

Here is how I made our double batch.

Ingredients
1 onion, diced
1 slice of ginger, finely diced
2 cups of mixed veggies either grated or processed
1kg beef mince
2 tbls curry powder  
2 cups basmati rice 
2 x 420g cans condensed tomato soup 

Heat a large frying pan and add a little oil.  Fry the onion and ginger (or garlic) for a few minutes and then the remainder of your vegetables.  Cook for approximately 5 minutes.  

Now add the mince and brown well.  I kept chopping the mince, mixing and stirring until it was fully cooked and all blended together.


Mince is now fully cooked.


Add the curry powder and rice and give it a good mix.


Curry powder and rice added.


Cook for a further few minutes and then add the tomato soup and one can of water.  Stir it all in well.  Continue to stir for a further 10 minutes making sure the rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.

After a good 10 minute stir.

Remove from heat and transfer mixture to the slow cooker.  Now add another can of water and mix it well.  Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 1 hour.

All ready to be enjoyed with hot buttery toast.
 







3 comments

  1. I love the name Kylie...Train Smash Mornay. LOL! Becci has some good recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'll be doing this next time mince is on the menu. We don't usually use tomato soup though, I wonder if I can substitute passata for it.

    -mrsmeagre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would certainly give it a go MrsMeagre. We always have passata in the pantry. I purchased the soup for this recipe as it isn't an item we have either.

      I hope you enjoy this dish.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top