Savoury Impossible Pie

This recipe comes from Becci's Domestic Bliss.  You will find some good family recipes on Becci's blog.  I've made quite a few and her Impossible Pie is wonderful.

This pie has so many variations depending on what veggies you have on hand.  I also like that it makes such a large pie so we always have leftovers for the next day and it's perfect for when the kids are looking for food.  They eat it either cold or pop it in the microwave and it fills them for longer too.  I would much rather them snack on leftover dishes such as this than packaged food.  They will be fuller for longer and it is so much healthier for them this way.


Our latest pie was made using carrots and zucchinis we had in the fridge. 

Ingredients:
4 eggs
3/4 cup self-raising flour
1 onion, chopped
4 bacon rashers, chopped
1 cup grated cheese
2 1/2 to 3 cups milk
1 cup carrot, grated
1 cup zucchini, grated
1 tomato, sliced for the top

Preheat oven to 180 degrees.

Grease lasagne dish and set aside.

Put the bacon and onion into a microwave container with lid and cook on high for 3 minutes.  Spoon bacon and onion into a sieve to drain the juices.

Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk.  Add the self-raising flour and whisk to a paste.

Slowly add the milk a little at a time to make a batter.

Add remaining ingredients except the tomato and stir to combine.

Pour into lasagne dish and top with tomato slices.

Bake for 45 minutes.

All ready to eat!

I've just added another one of Becci's recipes to our menu plan for next week  Train Smash Mornay.  As we have an appointment that afternoon I will make the day before.  I'm also doubling as I think they will really like this one.  Thanks Becci.

2 comments

  1. I've never made impossible pie. This sounds like an easy and delicious recipe. I'm going to try this soon. :)
    Do you think I can double it and freeze a portion, Kylie?

    Nil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never doubled it as it really does make a large batch. Mine is in a lasagne dish and it's rather thick too.

    I have frozen portions before and it was fine. If doubling the recipe I don't think you would quite need to double the milk though. Once you get the batter consistency that's all you need.

    Hoping you enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top