Sausage Casserole

Here is one of those 'throw in the oven' recipes.  So simple to put together, great for weeknights, tasty and a great winter dish to warm you up.  

You will find the original recipe here Mum's Pantry - Sausage Casserole.  I've made this dish a number of times now and it is always well received from everyone here.  They love the flavour and it fills them up.  

Depending on the night I have dished it up with either steamed veggies, rice and even on top of buttered toast.

Since making this dish a few times I have changed a few small things however mostly stuck with the recipe.  

Ingredients
10 sausages
1 brown onion, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 carrots, grated
2 x 400g tins whole tomatoes
2 cups pumpkin, cut into small cubes
3 potatoes, quartered 
1/2 to 1 cup water
1 tbl Vegeta
1 tbl cornflour

Preheat oven to 180 degrees.

Cut sausages into three on the diagonal.  Pour the tinned tomatoes into a bowl and chop roughly.

Place all ingredients into a large casserole dish.  Give it a good stir, place lid on and cook for 50 minutes.

 All ready for the oven.



Remove from the oven and give it another good stir.  If you prefer a thicker casserole add the cornflour and mix through.  I always add the cornflour.

Place it back into the oven with the lid removed for another 20 minutes.  I always check it halfway through once again giving it a stir and adding more water or cornflour if needed.

Serve with veggies, rice, or buttered toast.  

Dinner is ready.


4 comments

  1. Soul Food...have you tried Becci's Train Wreck yet? Another good warming family meal. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becci's Train Wreck sounds interesting. Do you know where I could find the recipe? I've had a look at her blog.

      I hope you are enjoying your weekend so far.

      Delete
    2. found it...the right name would have been helpful lol
      http://beccisdomesticbliss.blogspot.com.au/2011/11/family-faves-train-smash-mornay.html

      Delete
    3. Got it. I like the look of this one too. The rice really bulks it up. Thanks Sue.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top