Madeira Cake

With so many cakes to bake with different fillings, techniques, flavours, textures it is sometimes the simple ones which I go back to time after time.  Madeira Cake is definitely one of those favourites which everyone enjoys and always comment on how much 'they love this cake.'

I stumbled across this recipe which is now the one and only Madeira Cake recipe I use.

So many times I will find a recipe on the internet and mine never looks anything like the original.  I'm sure it tastes the same or very similar however they always make it look so good.  This recipe was different.  My cake has a close resemblance to the one on the website.  I like that - it's 'real.'

Looking just like the picture!



It has a wonderful crunchy top and is just right on the inside too.

So happy with this one.

The recipe is called My Mother-In-Law's Madeira Cake on Nigella Lawson's website.  I made it exactly as per the recipe.

 A definite 'keeper'.

If you make this wonderful cake I would love to hear how you go and I really hope you enjoy it too.




10 comments

  1. Yum! It looks delicious. I like madeira cake with lemony icing and a sprinkle of coconut too. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylie I have never made madeira cake myself but have tasted it and it is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get a chance this recipe is well worth it Nannachel.

      Delete
  3. Looks very delicious. Enjoy....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nigella is one of my favourite cooks ;) I have a few of her books and the one with this recipe (How to be a Domestic Goddess) is my number 1.

    Your cake looks good. Yum!
    -mrsmeagre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter and I really enjoy watching her cook too. We find her very calming.

      I think I'll borrow How to be a Domestic Goddess from the library again.

      Delete
  5. Thanks - I have saved the link for a future cake. It looks so yummy.

    - Jade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious! I've never made and I don't think I've ever even eaten a Madeira cake before. Perhaps they are called something different here, but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may be similar to a pound cake Julie.

    Dad's birthday next weekend so I'll be making another one that morning for him. It is his favourite.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top