Grain Free Sandwich Bread

Over the next week or two I will be restocking our freezer with different types of bread as they are starting to get a little low.

This recipe uses both coconut flour which I purchase as well as almond flour.  You can purchase the almond flour or make your own.  I make my own by soaking almonds, blanching, drying and then grinding.  I leave the blanched almonds whole and grind when I need them.

As strange as this may sound I actually find blanching the almonds quite relaxing.  I pop them into boiling water for about 15 seconds and then straight into an ice bath.  My daughter and I then spend some time together popping the almonds out of their skinsWe chat together and have a few giggles too when the almonds escape which happens occasionally.

I have omitted and changed quite a few things in this recipe to suit and am happy with the end result. 





Ingredients:
2/3 cup coconut flour, sifted
3/4 cup almond flour, sifted
1/2 cup ghee
8 eggs - room temperature
1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda, sifted

Preheat oven to 170 degrees (fan forced).  Line a glass loaf pan.

Melt ghee, allow to cool a little and then stir in the apple cider vinegar.

Break the eggs into a medium bowl and whisk.  Add the almond flour, baking soda, salt and butter mixture.  Mix together with a stick mixer.

Now add the coconut flour and mix thoroughly with the stick mixer.  The mix will be quite thick now.

Spoon into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top as much as you can.  Bake for 35-40 minutes.  Check whilst baking and cover with foil if browning too quickly.

Remove from oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool.

I then slice and freeze. 

No comments

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top