Coconut Butter Bread

This is my favourite bread.  I had never used coconut butter until I discovered this recipe.   The taste is absolutely wonderful.  So good I could just eat it straight out of the jar.  This year I plan on making my own using fresh coconut.

The recipe was one I stumbled upon a few years ago and I have made it ever since.

My favourite.



Ingredients:
5 eggs, room temperature
1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil, melted
340g jar coconut butter (the last jar I used was actually 300g and it was fine too)
1/2 tsp celtic salt
3/4 tsp bicarb soda

Begin by putting the jar of coconut butter into a bowl or small jug of boiled water to melt.  Remove the jar to give it a stir after 30 minutes.  Replace the lid firmly and return to the water for another 30 minutes.  Check it again, stir and make sure it has completely melted without any lumps.  If you find lumps, place it back into the water for a little longer.

 Melting the coconut butter.

Line a glass loaf pan and preheat oven to 170 degrees (fan forced).

Crack the eggs into a blender (I used the Vitamix) and blend well.  Next add the ghee or coconut oil and blend.  Now add the coconut butter together with the salt and bicarb soda.   The mixture firms up a little here so I find it easier to pulse until fully blended.

Pour into the loaf pan.  The mixture is so soft and velvety.

 You can see how velvety soft the mixture is.  Tastes really good too.

Smooth the top as much as possible otherwise you'll end up with a slightly lopsided loaf just like I did.

 My lopsided loaf.

Bake for 35-40 minutes.  Remove from the oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes before cooling on rack.

This bread also freezes well.  Once again I slice and place the baking paper in between each slice in a container.


2 comments

  1. Wow, what a weird looking recipe. It is almost entirely liquid, then it turns out to be a bread! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once that coconut butter goes into the mix it thickens so fast. I've noticed that with coconut flour too. It absorbs very quickly.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top