Banana Bread

This banana bread is so tasty and sweet.  The original recipe from Healthy Food for Living uses honey and vanilla extract which I've omitted.


I've also mixed different types of nuts as well.  Sometimes I use walnuts or a mix of walnuts and pecans.  This time I mixed almonds and walnuts.  I always leave a little stash out for munching on whilst baking.

Banana Bread


The recipe also calls for blanched almond meal.  You can purchase almond meal or make your own which is what I do.  I have the nuts already blanched and then quickly whizz them up in the 'dry food container' of the Vitamix when needed.  I like leaving the nuts whole until I need them so they can keep hold of all their goodness.


Ingredients
½ cup blanched almond meal
½ cup coconut flour
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
⅓ cup coconut oil (measured after melting)
4 eggs, room temperature
1 cup mashed bananas
½ cup chopped nuts of choice

Preheat oven to 170 degrees (I use fan forced).  Line a glass loaf pan with baking paper.

Sift the almond meal, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl and whisk.

Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk.  Now add the melted coconut oil and whisk well followed by the bananas.

Stir the wet ingredients into the dry using a wooden spoon until fully combined.  Gently fold in the nuts.  The batter will be rather thick.

Spoon the mix into prepared loaf pan.  Make sure you push it down as you go especially into the corners.  Smooth the top as much as you can.



Bake for 35-40 minutes and then cover with foil if needed and bake another 15 minutes.

Cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack for cooling.

Freezes very well sliced.







2 comments

  1. It looks great, Kylie. I made a sourdough banana bread recently and it was very yummy. I rarely bake these days so it was quite a treat for the menfolk :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks healthy and delicious! I like banana bread recipes with no added extra sugar (there's enough in the bananas) because they are great for breakfasts. Thanks for this recipe. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top