Almond Flour Bread

This is one of the first breads I made using almond flour.  The recipe comes from Elana's Pantry.  There are quite a number of different bread recipes plus others on her site.  I like to visit from time to time for new updates.

I find this bread is a little lighter than others and fairly quick and easy to prepare.

This bread works each and every time.

The only change I have made is omitting the flaxseed.

Ingredients
2 cups blanched almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon celtic salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
5 eggs, room temperature
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar.

Preheat oven to 160 degrees.  I used fan forced.

Line a glass loaf pan with baking paper.

Place all of the dry ingredients into a food processor.  I squeeze mine into my little KitchenAid and it just fits.  Pulse a few times to create some airiness.

After pulsing the dry ingredients.

 Add the eggs and apple cider vinegar and pulse until thoroughly mixed.

I've seen a lot of light colour yolks lately.

The mixture will lighten in colour and become very fluffy.

Light and fluffy.  Also a very tight squeeze into my little machine.

Transfer batter to loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes.  If needed cover with foil and bake for another 10 minutes.

Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack.

I slice and freeze placing the baking paper from lining the pan between the slices. 

3 comments

  1. I made my own almond meal yesterday to use in a banana bread loaf. It's great having slices of breads like these in freezer for brekkie and snacks. Sometimes, I even defrost slices to have with homemade custard for easy homemade dessert. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With custard would be yum. I like them with puréed strawberries and sliced banana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never used almond flour and that bread looks yummy, so I think I should try it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top