Almond Butter Bread

I make bread using different ingredients such as:  coconut flour, coconut butter, nut flours plus other varieties.  They all freeze well too and we have each variety sliced in containers in the freezer.  If I notice one type getting low I get onto a new loaf and this way we always have them handy.

A few days ago I noticed the Almond Butter Bread getting low so I've made a new loaf all ready to go.  The recipe is from Guilty Kitchen however I have eliminated a few ingredients.

 Almond Butter bread.

 
The recipe calls for 3/4 almond butter which you can either purchase or make your own.  I make my own as it is so much tastier, cheaper and healthier.

Ingredients you will need:
3/4 cup almond butter *see note below
6 eggs, room temperature
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp coconut flour, sifted
1 tsp baking soda, sifted
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 180 degrees or 170 degrees fan forced.  Line a glass loaf pan with baking paper and set aside.

In a medium bowl blend the almond butter, eggs, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar with an immersion blender.

In a separate bowl (small) combine the coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt.

Carefully mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture using the immersion blender.

Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 35-40 minutes.

 Ready for the oven.
 
Remove from oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning onto wire rack for cooling.  Keep the baking paper if freezing in slices.

Once cool slice and place into a container for the freezer using the baking paper between each slice.  So easy to pop individual slices out once frozen.


 All ready for the freezer.
  
*Note:  you can buy almond butter at the supermarket or make your own.  Here is how I make almond butter:

I have found that 2 cups of whole almonds will make 3/4 cup almond butter.  Roasting your almonds before blending gives them a lovely flavour and releases the oil making the grinding a lot easier, quicker and smoother.

Preheat oven to 180 degrees.  Spread the almonds onto a lined baking tray and roast for approximately 5-8 minutes.  After 5 minutes give them a little stir.  You will know they're ready by the aroma and colour.  Now try not to eat too many before blending.

Place the roasted nuts into a food processor and blend.  You will need to continuously stop the machine and scrape down the sides.  As the nuts have been roasted it is a lot quicker.  As you go you will notice the oil releasing and slowly it turns into a lovely smooth consistency.  Now you have almond butter all ready for the recipe and it tastes so good.


4 comments

  1. I haven't made almond butter for ages, Kylie. Mind you I don't bake very often apart from making sourdough. I can tell you love cooking though. The bread sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kylie,
    Thanks for such a lovely recipe, I love to make our nut butters at home but I haven't tried almond butter yet. Have a lovely weekend.
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Thanks for sharing recipe for a delicious "bread". I like to have breads like these in the freezer too. Great idea to keep baking paper to use to separate slices. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never thought of making almond butter. Thanks for the great sounding recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top