Veggie Patties

Slowly over time I will build up my 'Recipe' list and then I plan on categorising once I have published quite a few.

This is a quick and easy little recipe which I put together for our daughter.  She loves those veggie patties you see in the deli section.  I have tried many ways of making them to get as close as I can to the ones you buy and have finally come up with one which she loves and said they're just like the ones at the shops.  

 I made the patties in the morning and refrigerated until I was ready to fry them.



Our daughter eats them warm or cold and they happen to be one of her favourite school lunches.  They also freeze well too which makes it easy as the night before school we take one out of the freezer.

 Looking lovely and golden.
 
The other benefit is that when you have veggies in the fridge you need to use these patties are perfect for just that.  I use whichever veggies we happen to have at the time.

The recipe makes approximately seven patties depending on the size.

Ingredients
2 eggs, whisked
1/2 tsp salt
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 of a brown onion, grated or processed (see notes below)
3 cups veggies, grated or processed (see notes below)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1 cup SR flour

Mix the eggs, salt and garlic.  Add the onion, veggies, cheese and flour to make desired consistency.  I find the patties to be quite wet however once they start cooking they firm up fairly quickly and I shape them as they cook.

Fry in hot oil until golden.

Notes
I add the garlic and onion raw however you can fry them first to enhance the flavour.

I usually process 2 cups of mixed fresh veggies and then for the remaining cup I add 1/2 cup frozen corn and 1/2 cup frozen peas.  

 Ready for the freezer.

1 comment

  1. That's a good way to use up veggies, Kylie. So nice when the children really like it too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top